What’s the difference between seamless gutters and regular gutters?
Seamless gutters are critical to ensuring the integrity of your home’s foundation, and they can prevent water from entering your windows, walls, and doors, among other benefits.
If you’re looking to replace your old, leaking gutters and install a new spouting system with seamless gutters, it helps to understand the difference between seamless gutters and regular gutters. Here are five reasons our gutter and spouting experts recommend seamless gutters over regular gutters.
- Better leak prevention. Rainwater is contained in the gutters, and seams in the gutters present an opportunity for leaks. Even with the best sealants, seamed gutters can and will eventually leak. Seamless gutters, on the other hand, only have joints at the corners and downspout areas, and no seams mean no leaks into your windows, doors, or basement. A seamless gutter system protects your home better than any of the alternatives.
- Less Maintenance. Over time, debris, such as leaf stems, seeds, and twigs can get caught in the seams and joints of sectional gutters and create dams of material that can go unnoticed until they begin to cause major problems. With a seamless gutter system, debris doesn’t get caught in the seams. Water flows freely and goes where it is supposed to, out through the downspout, so you’ll also spend less time cleaning your gutters. Plus, because Century Home Improvements secures your gutters with the best available hanger system, your gutters are tight to the face boards, preventing pests and wildlife from getting into crevices and creating further headaches.
- Customization. Century Home Improvements carries a full range of standard 5 inch K-style, 6 inch K-style, and half round seamless aluminum gutters. These solutions come in a wide variety of colors that won’t ever require painting because of the baked enamel finish. Finally, seamless gutters mean that there are virtually no seams, ensuring a natural, custom fit for your home. All seamless gutter systems are made onsite to fit your home by Century’s experienced gutter crews.
- Curb Appeal. Describing just what a difference a seamless gutter system can make to the aesthetics of your home is difficult. When you see it though, you’ll wonder why you didn’t have it installed sooner. The absence of seams makes your house appear much cleaner and streamlined, and the lack of fasteners and joints also add to their appeal.
- Longevity. The materials used in its composition, as well as its treated exterior, help seamless gutters resist corrosion and wear from the elements for far longer periods than other gutter systems. In fact, Century’s seamless gutter systems come with a 40-year warranty protection plan that will give you peace of mind for years to come.